iOS, how to add a link to a website on the Home screen, as easy as having a coffee. We all have websites that we visit frequently, that we keep saved in our favorites or open eternally in our mobile browsers. But all those extra steps of opening the browser, searching the website, and then accessing it are sometimes complicated and annoying.
Well now you can add a page to your iPhone home screen like apps. This helps save battery and storage space and gives you the ability to bookmark an essential piece of content for later reference. I have two little tricks for you. Let's get on with this time-saving trick.
- Microsoft Edge vs Safari: What's Better About iOS
How to add websites to home screen on iPhone
Add a website link to the iPhone home screen from Safari
- starts Safari on your iOS device.
- Go to the website in you want to link to.
- Touch the Share icon at the bottom of the page.
- From the share sheet, select Add to home screen.
- On this page, give the website a desired name and tap Add to create a shortcut to the main screen.
And this is all! With these steps you can save the shortcuts on the iPhone screen, which you can tap to visit the website at any time. However, this trick only works with Safari; what if you are a Google Chrome lover? Try the next hack.
Use the Shortcuts app to bookmark the website link
- starts Shortcuts e tap + top right.
- Toccata + Add action and search Safari / Chrome in the top bar.
- From the entire list of Chrome / Safari shortcuts, select Apri URL in Chrome.
- Here, touch URL and type or paste the website link.
- Touch the three dotted icons to name the shortcut and add an icon.
- Then, select Add to Home Screen and touch again Add to confirm the action.
Again, all you have to do is tap on the newly created icon to visit the website.
- 12 solutions for when Safari won't open web pages on iPhone and iPad
How to delete websites from home screen on iPhone
To delete the link to the website, it is enough touch e keep pressed the link icon. Now touch Delete bookmark / link.
If you are using the shortcut method, remember to delete it from the Shortcuts app as well. Tap Select, choose and Delete.