How to create and put a Live wallpaper on your iPhone or Android. Live wallpapers move like videos when you touch them. You can put a Live wallpaper on iPhone using live photos or on Android using a third party app. If you want to convert a video to an animated wallpaper on iPhone or Android, you will need a separate app. Those who want to use a video from TikTok or a GIF will first need to convert them to live photos.
How to put a Live wallpaper on iPhone and Android
If you're looking for a way to personalize your phone, the wallpaper and lock screen are great places to start. Live wallpapers, which stay put until you touch them, can be a more captivating way to personalize your phone. But, depending on what device you have and the source of the wallpaper, the method you use will vary. Here's how to put a Live wallpaper on iPhone and Android.
How to create an animated wallpaper
To create an animated wallpaper or live wallpaper, simply choose a live photo and set it as your phone wallpaper. When you hold your finger on the lock screen, the live photo comes alive.
How to create an animated wallpaper on iPhone:
- Go to your app Settings.
- Select Background.
- Select Choose a new wallpaper.
- To choose a live photo, tap Live in the options at the top of the screen, then choose a live photo.
- Alternatively, you can also scroll down and tap yours album Live Photos, then select a live photo to use as wallpaper.
- If you want, you can touch Tax and choose Set up screen lock o Set both for the new background.
How to create a live wallpaper on Android:
You will need a third party app to set up a live wallpaper on an Android. Here's how to do it using the Video to Wallpaper app:
- Open the Background Videos app.
- Tap the plus sign +, located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Toccata You choose, then select the desired video and tap Ok.
- Select Apply and then Ok to continue.
- Select Video on background from the list and then Set wallpaper.
- Choose to apply the live wallpaper only to your home screen or to your home screen and lock screen.
Other apps you can use include Live Wallpapers, KLWP Live Wallpaper Maker, or Walloop.
How to convert video or GIF to live photo
If you have an iPhone and there are videos you want to turn into live wallpapers, you have options. However, you will need to convert those videos to live photos first. From there, you will be able to find the live photo in your library and set it as your wallpaper.
Convert TikTok video:
- Open TikTok and go to the video you want to use.
- Tap the icon Share, which looks like a curved arrow.
- Toccata Live photo.
- Open the GIPHY app and find the GIF you want to use.
- Touch thethree dots icon and choose Converti in Live Photo.
- Select Save as Live Photo (Full Screen) o Save as Live Photo.
Convert videos with third party apps:
- Download the VideoToLive app and open it.
- You will need to grant the VideoToLive app permission to access your videos to use it to take Live photos.
- Select the desired video.
- Use the tool at the bottom of the screen to trim the video to the desired length.
- Choose your cover photo if you wish.
- Toccata Converted.
Some other apps you can use for this include intoLive, Video Wallpaper, and Wallpaper Maker.