Do you have a song left in your mind that you just listened to and want to put this song as a ringtone on iPhone? But is it possible to add a song as a ringtone to iPhone without iTunes or your computer? Yes it can be done! Whether it's a custom sound like your child's voice, a piece of music, or external ringtones, iPhone lets you do that. In this article, I'll walk you through the process step-by-step, so read on.
- Phone ringtones that sound like real phones
How to put a song as iPhone ringtone without paying and without iTunes and PC?
Before moving on to the steps, there are a few prerequisites:
- Saved locally: The track you want to ringtone should be stored in your iPhone's music library or files app. Specifically, protected songs (such as from Apple Music) and songs not stored locally on your iPhone cannot be used.
- The app : you have to download e install the free GarageBand app from the App Store.
How to put a song as a ringtone on iPhone with Garageband
For the purpose of this tutorial, I downloaded a ringtone from Zedge. You can use a website or source of your choice. Here is a simple method for set up song as iPhone ringtone without use iTunes.
- Launch the app GarageBand on your iPhone.
- Scroll and find Audio recorder From the options, tap Voice (microphone icon). (You can also use keyboard or drummer for the purpose)
- Here, touch Immagine (icon similar to a brick wall) to access the editing section.
- Tap the icon loop; you will see three subtitles here: Apple loops, files and music. Since my ringtone is saved in files, I'll use that tab.
- Search for the song you want; hold for a few seconds to import. If you can't see the song, tap Browse items from the Files app to find it.
- To edit the song, drag the long vertical bar on the desired starting point of your personalized ringtone.
You can use the button of reproduction to get the perfect starting point of your tone.
- Once done, double-tap the song and select Divide.
- Drag thescissors icon down to cut / divide the song at the chosen point.
- Delete the unusable part of the song by double tapping it and then choosing Delete.
- Now, select thearrow pointing icon il bass from the top left corner and tap I my songs.
- Touch and hold the project and select Share from the list.
- Here, select Ringtone, Than we read more, assign a name the song according to your choice and tap Export.
- Once the process is complete, tap Use sound like… To set it directly as a ringtone or OK to do it manually.
Final report: when exporting, iPhone automatically cuts the ringtone to 30 seconds. If you want to set an end point somewhere before 30 seconds, repeat steps 6 to 9.
- How to add custom ringtones to your iPhone
Set custom ringtone on iPhone without iTunes
If you have previously selected OK or want to use the custom ringtone again, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings → Sounds and haptic feedback → Ringtone.
- The newly created tone will be displayed at the top of the list below Ringtones.
- To touch è to set as ringtone.
How to set a song as an iPhone ringtone with AnyTrans
We explain how with the AnyTrans program, an advanced content management application for your iPhone, you can create your own ringtone in a couple of minutes and transfer it to your iPhone, and all for free, you don't even have to buy the full application.
AnyTrans is a complete tool to manage all the contents of your iPhone or iPad: export the contents to your computer, add contents to your device, transfer photos from iPhone to PC without iTunes, backup your home screen ... many options we can use if we buy the full version of the application, including updates for life.
But there are many things it allows us to do with the free version.
Once the application is downloaded, we need to connect our iPhone to it via the USB cable and open it. By clicking in the main application window, on "Device Manager" we can access what we are looking for: Ringtones manager.
Now we have several options: the simplest and fastest thing is to drag the mp3 audio file with the song we want to add into the window. We can also search our computer, device or iTunes library with the options at the bottom of the window.
Here another window will appear with the song and various options. By default it is 59 seconds, but we can reduce it if we want. By moving the green lines from one side to the other we will be able to select the piece of song we want to include in the ringtone, and with the “Listen” option we will only listen to that selected piece of song. Once done, click on "Import to device".
Now we can go to the Device Settings to access the Ringtones and choose the newly created ringtone. We can add it to the call or message tones, with different duration, and remember that from the device settings we can assign different tones to different contacts to know who is calling us without having to look at the iPhone screen. Easy, simple and free thanks to AnyTrans.
Set MP3 as iPhone ringtone without iTunes successfully
Hope this handy trick to set a ringtone of your choice without iTunes or a computer was useful. If you have any questions or run into any issues during the process, share them in the comment section below.